Creative Commons powers the open education movement with tools that help create better, more flexible and sustainable open educational resources (OER), practices, and policies.
Creative Commons licenses are the most popular open licenses among education projects around the world. This unit will introduce you to the specifics of using CC licenses and CC licensed content for education purposes.
This unit has five sections:
- 5.1 OER, Open Textbooks, and Open Courses
- 5.2 Finding, Evaluating, and Adapting Resources
- 5.3 Creating and Sharing OER
- 5.4 Open Pedagogy / Practices
- 5.5 Opening Up Your Institution
There are also additional resources if you are interested in learning more about any of the topics covered in this unit. Likewise, you may be interested in reading 5.1 (LIB): Open Access to Scholarship, a subchapter included in the CC Certificate for Librarians Course.