Whether you take the 10-week online course, or enroll in a week-long, intensive bootcamp, the CC Certificate provides an in depth study of Creative Commons licenses—helping you become an expert in open licensing and the Commons.
Register for one of the CC Certificate courses!
Register for 2024 online courses
Bootcamp registrations are available upon host institution or group request
- Registration generally closes one week before the course start date, or once all tickets have been sold, whichever comes first. If you’re interested in a specific course at a specific time, we recommend registering as soon as you can.
- The 10-week online courses offers online instruction, a discussion forum and support for cohorts of 25 learners per facilitator.
- Upon successful completion of the course and passing the assessments, learners will earn a CC Certificate. The CC Certificate comes in the form of a digital badge that recognizes specialization in open licensing and the Commons, and the ability to help others understand and implement open licenses.
- Online course tuition is $500. The tuition is refundable in full up to 30 days before the particular course you registered for begins. After that date, the tuition is non-refundable.
- If needed, you may defer your course selection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days before the course start date. If you contact email@example.com in less than 15 days before a course starts, we likely cannot accommodate this request.
- We are happy to work with educational systems / institutions to purchase CC Certificate seats in bulk, and send you a single invoice.
- We try to accomodate all registration requests. However, we generally cannot accept participants after the registration deadline. If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with your registration request after the deadline for a given course, we may put you on our waitlist or help you enroll in a future course.
- If the course you would like to join is sold out, please email email@example.com to be put on a waitlist.
- In support of state, provincial, and national governments providing open education professional development opportunities, Creative Commons offers the following discounts to institutions enrolling large groups in the CC Certificate:
25 people (minimum): 5% discount
50 people (minimum): 10% discount
75 or more people: 15% discount
- Bootcamps are one-week, intensive workshops, which cover the CC Certificate course content. Bootcamps are developed for host institutions, and host institutions are responsible for selecting their participants. Bootcamps use the CC Certificate curriculum and include more collaborative work among participants than in the online courses. CC issues digital credentials to participants who complete bootcamps with 90/100 points. The time commitment for bootcamps is approximately 6-10 hours of reading in advance, and 40 hours of work during the bootcamp week.
- In-person bootcamps offer one-week, intensive workshops for approximately 15-25 participants at a host institution. Learners must read all online course content as a prerequisite for the bootcamp. Some online work may be required before and after the bootcamp.
- Online bootcamps offer one-week (full day) and two-week (half-day) intensive workshops for up to 50 participants affiliated with a host institution. Participants must read the CC Certificate course content (5 units) before attending the training.
- Upon successful completion of the bootcamp and passing the assessments, learners will earn a CC Certificate. The Certificate comes in the form of a digital badge (and downloadable PDF) that recognizes specialization in open licensing and the Commons, and the ability to help others understand and implement open licenses.
- Bootcamps will be available upon request for groups. Creative Commons works with host institutions to schedule bootcamps at times convenient to the institution. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to organize a bootcamp.