Whether you take the 10-week online course, or enroll in a week-long, intensive bootcamp, the CC Certificate provides an in depth study of Creative Commons licenses—helping you become an expert in open licensing and the Commons.
Our course options and price structure allow us to cover operational costs, update the content annually, and share learning with the widest audience possible. We will invest in new Certificate types (e.g., GLAM), translate the Certificates into multiple languages, and offer scholarships to participants who need support.
Register for one of the CC Certificate courses!
Bootcamp registrations are available upon host institution or group request
- If a 2021 course that you want to take is sold out, please sign up for the waitlist here.
- The 10-week online courses offers online instruction, a discussion forum and support for cohorts of 25 learners per facilitator.
- Upon successful completion of the course and passing the assessments, learners will earn a CC Certificate. The CC Certificate comes in the form of a digital document (PDF) that recognizes specialization in open licensing and the Commons, and the ability to help others understand and implement open licenses.
- Online course tuition is $500. The tuition is refundable in full up to 30 days before the particular course you registered for begins. After that date, the tuition is non-refundable.
- We are happy to work with educational systems / institutions to purchase CC Certificate seats in bulk, and send you a single invoice.
- We try to accomodate all registration requests. However, we generally cannot accept participants after the registration deadline. If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with your registration request after the deadline for a given course, we may put you on our waitlist or help you enroll in a future course.
- If the course you would like to join is sold out, please email email@example.com to be put on a waitlist.
- In support of state, provincial, and national governments providing open education professional development opportunities, Creative Commons offers the following discounts to institutions enrolling large groups in the CC Certificate:
25 people (minimum): 5% discount
50 people (minimum): 10% discount
75 or more people: 15% discount
- This intensive, in-person training provides face-to-face instruction and practical application for cohorts of 15 learners. Learners must read all online course content as a prerequisite for the bootcamp. Some online work may be required before and after the bootcamp.
- Upon successful completion of the bootcamp and passing the assessments, learners will earn a CC Certificate. The Certificate comes in the form of a digital document (PDF) that recognizes specialization in open licensing and the Commons, and the ability to help others understand and implement open licenses.
- Bootcamps will be available upon request for groups. Creative Commons works with host institutions to schedule bootcamps at times convenient to the institution. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to organize a bootcamp.